Jewish Federation’s Center for Israel and Overseas is dedicated to continually strengthening Israel so that every Jewish generation, both present and future, can celebrate and enjoy a vibrant Jewish homeland. Additionally, we reach out to the most vulnerable Jews in Israel and overseas to help meet their basic needs and to let them know they are not alone.
Why the Center’s work is critical
- Each Jewish age group is less invested in Israel than its elders, suggesting we are in the midst of a long-term and ongoing decline in Israel attachment.
- Nearly 350,000 children in Israel – one in six youngsters – are at risk of neglect and/or physical, emotional or sexual abuse, according to the Jewish Federations of North America.
- Over 180,000 impoverished Jewish elderly live in the Former Soviet Union.
- Building connections between Diaspora and Israeli Jews
- Supporting disadvantaged youth in Israel
- Addressing basic needs in Israel and around the world
- Providing security and emergency services for vulnerable Jewish populations in Israel