The mission of Jewish Federation’s Center for Social Responsibility is to identify and prioritize the critical social service needs of our community’s most disadvantaged members. The Center mobilizes human and financial resources to successfully address these needs, including hunger relief, economic security, job training and career counseling, and supports for those with special needs.
Why the Center’s work is critical
- Food costs are rising, and over 11,000 Jews in the region face food insecurity.
- State funding for hunger relief and senior and safety-net services is reduced.
- Continued long-term unemployment still affects many in the region.
- Offering comprehensive support for vulnerable seniors
- Providing safety-net services for low-income individuals and families
- Enabling self-sufficiency
- Supporting social action and government affairs and community relations efforts