To stay updated on NextGen news and the Israel360 trip, please click here to sign up for the NextGen newsletter.
Israel360 is an intensive 10-day Israel experience for young professionals ages 27 to 35. We are looking for a select group of men and women from the five-county Greater Philadelphia region who are committed to learning about and becoming more involved in our Jewish community.
During the 10-day Israeli adventure, participants can expect to experience Israel’s history, culture, politics, food, music, religion and much, much more. The cost to each participant is $360 and includes round-trip airfare, double-occupancy hotels, tours, activities and most meals.
For more information, please contact Caitlin Shmidheiser at (215) 832.0803 or cshmidheiser@Jewishphilly.org.
- Applicants are to be between the ages of 27-35 years old (at the time they complete the application)
- Applicants must reside in the five-county area served by the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
- Applicants should plan to reside in the county for at least two years following the trip
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not been to Israel before (but if they have, it should not have been on an organized trip within the last 5 years)
- Applicants should be (or should have been) actively involved with an organization (Jewish or not) at some time in college or post-college
- Applicants must be interested in becoming involved in the Philadelphia Jewish community
- Applicants must make a commitment to actively participate on the trip
- Applicants are required to participate in pre and post Israel360 workshops, NextGen Programming and other Jewish Federation-sponsored programming
Objectives of Israel360:
- To connect a cohort of 40 young Jewish adults between the ages of 27 and 35 in Greater Philadelphia who are interested in social action and/or community involvement
- To create connections to the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Jewish community, and the State of Israel
- To learn about Israeli history, politics, culture, and social service needs
- To be exposed to multiple viewpoints on Israeli current events, trained in Israel advocacy, and to use your learning experiences to participate in advocacy on Israel´s behalf
- To understand Jewish Federation’s role in Philadelphia, Israel and overseas
- To strengthen the Jewish identity of all participants
Click here to see highlights from last years trip.
Click here to see highlights from Summer 2015 trip.