Our Common Goals
How can we help our community—from children and teenagers to young adults, parents and beyond—become more in touch with our Jewish heritage?
It is an extraordinary mission that can only be accomplished with your support. Gifts to the Center for Jewish Life & Learning will:
• Reach out to young Jewish adults and families
• Inspire synagogue affiliation, volunteerism and involvement
• Make high-quality Jewish education more
• Engage children and teens, to make their heritage a part
of everyday life
• Help our adults to be leaders today and in the future
Together we'll create a more inspired Jewish community.
Further Jewish identity through participation. Federation supports greater awareness of our Jewish identity and participation in life and learning. We are concerned that too many in the Jewish community are not seeking out the activities that would enrich their Jewish lives. The Center for Jewish Life & Learning was created to promote Jewish identity and broad-based participation for generations to come.
How we can make a difference together?
Most of us practice customs at the holidays and in family settings. But fewer of us are more deeply involved in Jewish life through synagogue and other organizational affiliations.
The Center for Jewish Life & Learning will support programs and opportunities for involvement at many levels, especially for young Jewish adults and families.
To do this, we must support education. When children begin their Jewish studies early in life and continue studying beyond b'nai mitzvah, they are more likely to remain involved in a Jewish way of life, have Jewish friends, feel a bond with Israel and carry those Jewish practices into adulthood.
We must also support neighborhood community development efforts that increase participation in synagogue life and sustain Jewish community services. In these ways, we plant the seeds that will yield increased Jewish identity for years to come.
How we can promote Jewish identity?
Our identity is our essence—it is what defines us as Jews and gives us pride in our heritage. The Center for Jewish Life & Learning embodies this lasting commitment—investing in our community, so that Jewish life remains rich and vibrant for generations to come.
The Center will:
• Support improved models of religious schools where the vast majority of our children are educated
• Help offer more high-impact, lower-cost day school experiences
• Create dynamic young adult learning opportunities
• Touch communities through local outreach efforts across the entire region
• Strengthen synagogues, Jewish organizations and gateway institutions, and other sources of Jewish life
• Expand access to quality Jewish camping
• Support teen- and college-age programming
Support Jewish life and learning for generations.
We'd be happy to discuss all your options for giving with you. If you have any questions or want more information, please contact Rabbi Shira Stutman, Director of the Center for Jewish Life & Learning, at 215-832-0856.
Thank you for supporting our community by giving to the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia.